- SEQTA Software Pty Ltd;
- SEQTA Professional Services Pty Ltd;
- SEQTA Development Pty Ltd;
- Computing Directions Australia Pty Ltd; and
- MyEdOnline Pty Ltd,
The Education Horizons Group is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), which regulates how the Education Horizons Group may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information.
What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information which the Education Horizons Group collects may include an individual’s name, phone number, email address, postal address, nationality, date of birth and job title.
Personal information may be collected by the Education Horizons Group in a number of circumstances, including when an individual (such as a prospective client, teacher, student or parent):
- uses a product or service provided by the Education Horizons Group (including by creating an account for or accessing a portal on an EHG product or service);
- requests to download a document, product trial, video or sample data from the Education Horizons Group;
- makes an enquiry through our website or online enquiry service;
- lodges a support request regarding an EHG product or service;
- subscribes for a newsletter;
- attends, or registers to attend, a seminar or other event (such as a webinar or training event);
- enters a competition;
- applies for employment with us; or
- otherwise contacts any entity within the Education Horizons Group.
The Education Horizons Group may also collect personal information about you which is publicly available, such as on websites, or from third party organisations and bodies, including government bodies. We will comply with any confidentiality and privacy obligations imposed on us by such organisations and bodies.
What other information do we collect?
When you visit an Education Horizons Group website or use a product or service provided by the Education Horizons Group, the following anonymous information may be collected about you for statistical purposes:
- your Internet Protocol address;
- the date and time the Education Horizons Group server received the request;
- the pages, documents and files you requested;
- the address of the resource which provided the link followed, if any, to an EHG website;
- the type of browser and, in some cases, the operating system used; and
- in some cases, data you send to an EHG website from web forms such as search engines.
This information is collated for analysis and is only available to a limited number of EHG staff. It is evaluated and published in reports that show usage patterns.
One of the tools used by the Education Horizons Group for this purpose is Google Analytics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Web beacons may also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails (and which links within those emails) have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications.
For security reasons, the Education Horizons Group also uses software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users of an EHG website, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law. For example, the Education Horizons Group may gather more extensive information about an individual in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts are made to access our data or files;
- unauthorised tampering or interference occurs in respect of data published on an EHG website;
- unauthorised attempts are made by other websites to index the contents of an EHG website;
- attempts are made to intercept messages of other EHG website users;
- an EHG product or service is used to send communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and/or
- attempts are made which otherwise compromise the security of an EHG web server, breach an applicable law, or interfere with the use of an EHG website by other users.
How do we use your personal information?
The Education Horizons Group may use personal information (including personal information which is not collected by us) for the following purposes:
- providing our products and services to you, including sending you notifications;
- responding to your queries;
- administering and managing our products and services for prospective and current clients, including billing, maintaining information technology systems, customer service and data storage;
- marketing Education Horizons Group products and services to prospective, current and past clients;
- hiring and managing employees and contractors;
- planning, monitoring, evaluating and improving Education Horizons Group products and services, including conducting market research and surveys and assessing customer satisfaction; and
- otherwise communicating with you.
By providing the Education Horizons Group with your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that we may use that information to contact you on an ongoing basis in order to provide you with marketing information we think would be of interest to you, including by mail, email, SMS and telephone. However, the Education Horizons Group will not conduct marketing in respect of any:
- personal information or other data that is stored in a database within an EHG product or service.
If you no longer wish to receive any communications, or want to be removed from any Education Horizons Group database, please contact the service identified on the relevant feature page, or our Privacy Contact Officer using the details set out below.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Personal information about you may be disclosed to third parties if you have consented to such disclosure, either to the Education Horizons Group directly or to a school.
The Education Horizons Group retains other companies and contractors to provide services to us, including entities located outside Australia, who will need to have access to your personal information to perform their obligations. The Education Horizons Group may also use cloud-based services to store and process personal information.
By providing the Education Horizons Group with your personal information, you consent to this information being disclosed to entities located outside Australia.
The Education Horizons Group will not disclose personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without the relevant individual’s consent.
Under no circumstances will the Education Horizons Group sell (or otherwise receive payment for licensing or disclosure of) your personal information.
Is data stored in a secure way?
The Education Horizons Group strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information which it holds and has security measures in place to protect such information against misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. However, no system is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Will your personal information be published on our website?
The Education Horizons Group will only publish personal information on one of our websites if it has been collected for this purpose and with your knowledge and consent.
When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on an EHG website is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that once the information is published on an EHG website, the Education Horizons Group will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
What about external links?
Can I access and correct my personal information?
The Education Horizons Group takes reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it stores is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by the Education Horizons Group. The Education Horizons Group will respond to your request in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You may make such a request by contacting our Privacy Contact Officer as follows:
- By Post: Education Horizons Group Ltd, 4/303-313 Burwood Highway, Burwood East, VIC 3151, Australia
- By telephone: (03) 8594 3400 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm AEST)
- By email: email@example.com
Can I make a complaint about privacy?
If you wish to make a complaint regarding privacy, you may contact our Privacy Contact Officer using the contact details above.
The Education Horizons Group will review all privacy related complaints which are submitted to it and will aim to respond in writing within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
- Website: www.oaic.gov.au
- Phone: 1300 363 992